Day 50 - Suck it up?
I am at a crossroads right now. My GMAT is scheduled for July 19, but I don't feel like I'm at a point right now where I'll be ready to take the test by that date. I had a brief chat with my sister today (a distinguished Kellogg alumnae), and her advice was to just "suck it up" and take the test.
I'm going to follow her advice--for the most part. In the next few weeks I will tighten my preparation and focus on finishing the Official Guide book. The one thing I am really lacking at this point is a lot of practice. However, if I don't feel more confident about the test by July 11, I am going to reschedule the test for early August. I know, I'm hedging a bit.
Anyway, today I had a nice long afternoon/evening of prep. I did my daily 10 problems from Delta Course followed by an RC passage from OG. Next, I looked at part of the OG Math Review, learned some new math tricks from this website, and reviewed the Data Sufficiency lesson on the Kaplan 2005 CD.
Finally, I got to the important part of the day and did some DS problems from OG. I finished the set of 34 problems I had started doing two days ago, and dammit it was hard. Upon finishing the set I tried resolving all of the problems I had got wrong and then carefully read the explanations for every problem. It wasn't too pretty.
I capped off the day by looking at various errors I have made in past weeks and reviewed my flashcards.
It was a long freakin day. I've got to start hauling ass on OG, doing at least 40 problems per day.
SUMMARY OF DAY 50 WORK:
1. Delta Course Bonus Problems, #61-70.
2. Reading Comprehension passage from Official Guide, #107-112, pages 354-355.
3. OG Math Review, pages 51-60.
4. Lesson on least common multiple (LCM) and greatest common factor (GCF) from this website.
5. Data Sufficiency problems from Official Guide, #261-274, pages 262-264.
6. Reviewed 10 past errors.
7. Reviewed Flashcards.
RECAP OF DAY 50 INSIGHTS:
1. There comes a point in your GMAT study where you have to make a decision to just go for it. I'm there right now.
2. I'm in the home stretch and it's time for me to go crazy on practice. Practice, practice, PRACTICE!