Day 72 - Still Problem Solving
I had a big day of studying. I began my afternoon like I did yesterday by doing two practice AWA essays, one analysis of argument and one analysis of issue. Overall, I think that AWAs are really easy to handle, but for some reason I get a big case of writer's block whenever I try to tackle them. It takes me a long time to think about examples and how I wish to structure my argument. I'm glad that I'm getting some practice now, or else I could have been in trouble later.
Next, I did some problem solving review from the Kaplan 800 book and then tackled my set of 40 PS problems from the Official Guide book. Today my hit rate was 90%, and half of my errors were stupidly careless. I think that I need to slow down my pace so that I can read the questions more carefully.
After this PS assault, I reviewed some CR, RC, SC, and DS problems and past errors. I'm all ready feeling a little bit rusty on some of these topics. I have to make sure I continue my broad review of subjects until my test date.
Productivity is the shit. Gotta keep it in full gear for the home stretch!
SUMMARY OF DAY 72 WORK:
1. Analysis of Argument practice essay.
2. Analysis of Issue practice essay.
3. Kaplan 800 Problem Solving, Geometry and Word Problems sections, pages 272-291.
4. Official Guide Problem Solving Set, #321-360, pages 118-123.
5. Official Guide Critical Reasoning questions, #21-30, pages 504-506.
6. Official Guide Reading Comprehension passage, #13-18.
7. Reviewed 10 previous Official Guide Sentence Correction errors.
8. Reviewed 10 previous Official Guide Data Sufficiency errors.
RECAP OF DAY 72 INSIGHTS:
1. If you are making a lot of careless problem solving errors, you are probably pacing yourself too quickly.