Day 76 - Last Day of PS
I'm not sure if I mentioned this in an earlier post, but a long time ago I downloaded a spreadsheet called the Official Guide Question Information Grid that contained information about the difficulty level of each question found in Official Guide 10th Edition--it classifies each problem as EASY, MEDIUM, or HARD [EDITOR'S NOTE: As of 10/17/07 I haven't seen a similar document created for OG 11 questions]. This Excel spreadsheet was produced by GMAC to assist people studying with OG. I have found this grid to be very helpful in my own studies. I use this grid primarily to determine which difficulty bin my OG errors come from.
For my last set of Official Guide Problem Solving questions, I focused on doing 40 problems exclusively from the hard bin. I was able to identify these difficult questions with the assistance of the OG Info Grid; I had a good performance today: 95% hit rate.
For those of you who do not have enough time to complete all the questions in OG, but still wish to prepare adequately to achieve a high score, I would recommend using this grid to identify all the hard problems in OG and to practice exclusively with those problems. It's probably the most efficient way of going about OG for all you 700+ aspirants.
With PS out of the way, I'm going to now devote the rest of my time to general review. I can practically smell my impending GMAT...and yes, it smells tasty.
SUMMARY OF DAY 76 WORK:
1. Analysis of Argument Practice Essay.
2. Analysis of Issue Practice Essay.
3. 40 HARD bin Official Guide Problem Solving Questions, culled from problems #148-280, pages 96-112.
4. Official Guide Reading Comprehension Passage, #1-6, pages 320-321.
5. Official Guide Critical Reasoning Questions, #1-10, pages 499-501.
6. Reviewed 5 previous Official Guide Data Sufficiency errors.
7. Reviewed 10 previous Official Guide Sentence Correction errors.
RECAP OF DAY 76 INSIGHTS:
1. Use the Official Guide Information Grid to identify difficult questions in OG and to analyze your errors.